Dear ALCC Members,
The American Lebanese Cultural Center (ALCC) is now accepting applications for ALCC Board of Director positions.
The ALCC is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization with the sole purpose of promoting the Lebanese Culture; to serve members of the American Lebanese community in Houston; and to build bridges of communications and greater understanding of the Lebanese Culture among the Houston community at large.
Board of Directors serve their community without compensation.
- Qualifications: Potential candidates must be at least 18 years of age, have been a paid member as of May 1, 2022, possess professional qualifications, and be in good standing with the community at large.
- Term of Service: Board directors serve for a 2-year term; and may run for a second 2-year term but are limited to two consecutive terms.
Application: Submit a WORD or PDF document answering the following questions:
- Why you wish to serve on the ALCC Board of Directors and how you plan to contribute to the local community
- Describe what skills (professional or personal) you would offer the ALCC organization as a Board Director including any work in Community Service or with Non-Profit Organizations (if applicable).
- Describe how you work with others on a committee or team whose personality or work style is different from yours?
- Describe how much personal time you can commit towards participating in ALCC activities (for example. leading or planning social and cultural events, leading or planning Lebanese Festivals committees, perform charitable work in the community as needed, participate in fund raising on behalf of the ALCC and its causes.)
Send us an email and attach your responses to email@example.com by midnight, Friday, October 14th, 2022 and include in the subject line "Application to ALCC Board".
If you have any questions, please contact the following board members for assistance.
Wadih Elhajj at 832-309-8922
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Wadi Elhajj, Nominations Committee Chair